Tuesday 4 January 2011

Full time school tomorrow!!

I can't believe that Rhys starts full-time school tomorrow. He says he's excited and looking forward to it, and I should imagine i'll be far more nervous than him!!

Where on earth does the time go?! One minute, we're up all night feeding/comforting them and the next we're out buying size 11 school shoes. In one way, i'm looking forward to the break, and in another i'm nervous as hell for him! Anyone who knows Rhys will know that I really needn't be nervous, but it's a natural mum instinct!! lol

At times like this, when you're wondering where the last 4 and a half years have gone, it's natural to analyse their lives and remember some of the funnier moments. Now, with Rhys, there are so many!! From charging up the street in his pants (clutching a crisp £20 note, I might add!!) towards the ice-cream van to covering himself in Vaporub (ALL over) whilst I was having a short doze (and had thought he was sleeping too) Waking up to a naked, shining child was a somewhat strange moment, I have to say!!!

I can only hope that life, and me (I hope), have given him enough tools to be able to hold his own in school and not get lost in the tide. I'm pretty confident he shall emerge victorious and unscathed from his first day, but it won't stop me from worrying!!

Thought for the day - How much has' nature' contributed to his character and how much have I 'nurtured' him?!

Over and out for now!!

No comments:

Post a Comment