Monday 10 January 2011

The lessons we learn.....................

The determination to stay calm and not get angry with Rhys is paying dividends as he is definitely starting to listen better and pay more attention to what I say. It's a long road, and I don't expect a quick fix (although it would be nice) so i'll keep slogging away.

Life feels like a slog sometimes; the same routine day in, day out, so it's important to set goals, make plans and have aspirations so that there is always something to look forward to.

Having a chat with a work colleague today made me realise some things, and reiterated to me the things I would like to change and develop about myself. I need to stop worrying and being paranoid about what people think of me. It is a completely futile and fruitless exercise, and I shall end up miserable if I carry on down this path. It is, of course, far easier said than done and, no doubt, will be a long and continuing battle that I will face.

Rhys is on fine form as usual this evening. He chatted non-stop around Sainsbury's, remarking on 'manky' and 'scary' fish at the fish counter (they were neither!!) and was passing me things, although he was going for the brand named stuff (not soft, that boy!!!) As I write, he is 'chatting' to my feet (yes, you DID read that correctly!!)

Must go, the soaps are 'a callin'

x

No comments:

Post a Comment